Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rainy Days!


It's raining today; it's gonna rain tomorrow; it may rain on Saturday; and there's the possibility of cloudiness on Sunday!
Sighhhhhhhhhh! What are we gonna do?

I know! Let's play! Let's imagine!!!

Remember when you were a kid? Imagining could take up hours of your time! Well, at least, it could for me! And it wasn't considered a waste of time (except by teachers and mothers wanting you to wash those dishes). It was considered a valid "pastime"!


I love the sunny days when the skys the limit as far as deciding what you're going to spend it on. But there are times when I wake up and it's raining and I say:
"Yes! A wonderful rainy day! What can I accomplish today?"
And by accomplish, I simply mean what would bring me happiness or contentment or satisfaction or joy today?
And regardless of our age, we can still imagine, right? I've seen your wonderful blogs and your creativity; I've heard you talk about your ideas and then I've seen the results of those ideas. So I know you all have amazing imaginations.
IMAGINE! We aren't at 9-5 jobs; we don't have anything that absolutely must be done; we don't even have distractions (unless we want them as part of our plan). We are going to spend our rainy day doing what would make us happy TODAY.

What would you choose to do on a rainy day? Perhaps there's one thing that you want to do, perhaps there's a list of half a dozen smaller things. Here's my list of things that would bring color into my grey day:

1. I'm alone! Ahhhh, peace, quiet, no responsibility to anyone! Bliss!
2. I'd have a cup of dark roast coffee and read my book for at least the first hour. (I don't drink coffee often so this would be a great treat for me.)
3. I'd organize the linen closet. (I love organization; it brings me great satisfaction. And it's at the top of my to-do list.) AND I'd finish the ironing. (Some things have been in that pile for so long that I don't remember I have it. It'd be a wonderful surprise to find that great blouse I forgot about!)
4. I'd make the big pot of squash soup and take the grain loaf out of the freezer.
5. I'd spend the rest of the day on the sofa listening to CBC FM radio and alternate between reading my book and taking a nap.

Now - back to reality! I'm at work and coffee break is over!!

14 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The book and the nap sound great to me.

Pam @ Frippery said...

Wonderful ways to spend the day. I just started following you(Err...sounds creepy) after seeing a comment on another blog. I had to visit because of the name, too funny. I love it!

Anita said...

Hmm...I think I'd first drown myself in the hottest, bubbliest, bubble bath, then hit the kitchen to make up a loaf or two of homemade bread. While I was waiting for the bread to do it's thing, I'd throw on some music, make a pot of tea, and curl up with a good book....looks like our lists aren't too dissimilar!

Anonymous said...

Assuming I had loads of money, I'd go to The Grove Park Inn and have a massage. Sleep in the finest bedroom and order the richest chocolates. This game made me sleepy-ha! It is relaxing to dream.

Ok, so since money is an object---let's see:
Turn the AC down to 69. Get out my fluffiest comforter. Put on my comfy clothes. Get chocolate probably Dark Hershey. Watch girl flicks.

musingwoman said...

My perfect rainy day would include a nonfunctional alarm clock, a fuzzy afghan, and a good book.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Sometimes rainy days just make me sleepy and all I want to do is watch movies and read! But usually I have a list of indoor and outdoor projects or just things that need doing. So if it rains I usually get involved with an indoor project.

Manuela

Unknown said...

I love rainy days when I'm home, of course. Sad to say but my favorite thing to do during those days is nap.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Nice to meet you.

Anna Lefler said...

That's a fantastic list! I might just steal it on this dreary day here...

:-D Anna

Rebecca said...

Definitely a nap. And a good hour or two finishing a book would work for me....dark roast coffee, too. We've discovered Folgers Gourmet darkest roast to be about as good as some of the most expensive brands...
In the evening, I would love a game of Upwords with my husband while we share a bag of popcorn....

We actually have a bright, sunny, WONDERFUL Friday here in NE Indiana!

Teena in Toronto said...

It was gorgeous here today. Yay!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥

Anonymous said...

On our rainy days down here they are usually accompanied by windowpane shaking lightning and thunder claps. After I finally climb out of the bathtub (that's my go-to in case of a flash tornado or hurricane. My husband laughs at me every time) I love to listen to some of my old upbeat songs from youth because I refuse to let a good (after frightening thunder) rainstorm go to waste! Of course tea is in there somewhere too, of course!

My best, Lynn (thanks for coming by and following. I hope I dont disappoint... ;o))

Connie said...

Just stopping by.
It has been raining alot the past week and probably this next one. Love the lightning and thunder especially when it's short lived. I'll have to peruse your list of rainy day activities and see which one I'm in the mood to do. You did mention nap, right?

Tootsie said...

I love to re-do rooms on rainy days!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...