Sunday, September 6, 2009

Coming Back to Life!

In spite of my head cold (which has improved greatly), we headed out to Risser's Beach yesterday to show the international students what a great Nova Scotia beach is like. It was a fairly warm day (about 24 deg Cel) with a slight breeze. So, rather than swim directly in the ocean, we choose the channel that runs from the ocean to Petite Riviere. It's a little sheltered (for Mama), and the ocean floor there is very sandy and coppery looking. The water drops off quite suddenly there, so it's good and deep for swimming: and you can easily swim across to the Green Bay area on the other side.

As much as I wanted to swim, I choose to sit and read. The sunshine was beautiful; and the conversations of the passers-by was really entertaining.


Nadine and Adriana both wanted to know why the water was so orange looking? They said they resembled carrots swimming!

They paused long enough for Nadine to create a sand shark!!

Molly, who's all packed to head off to college today, couldn't find her bathing suit. So, she choose to be creative as well.
Here we are packing up to head back home. The sun was starting to fade and it was cooling down.

I felt rejuvenated after such a lovely afternoon. We spent the evening with nachos and Slumdog Millionaire.

8 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a fun day! It looked like you all relaxed in your own way...perfect. You know, I started reading The Poisonwood Bible but never finished it. Should I try again, Sweets? Also, Slumdog Millionaire- what did you think? I have not seen it yet... Lori

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm jealous!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a great lookin' bunch of women! It looked like a great time was had by one and all. Oh my goodness, how did you get my Mexican blanket??? We have one just like that we bought in Mexico and use outside. Have a great Labor Day and God bless!!!

Wanda..... said...

I've read your book...and seen the movie and have 2 blankets like yours...one black and gray the other black and red...we do have things in common...:)but no beach or exchange students!

Sara said...

Funny...we took our granddaughter to Rissers on the same day you were there! What a gorgeous day it was.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Mysteryhistorymom: Yes, try reading it again; I'm about 3/4 of the way through and it's wonderful. And Slumdog Millionaire is (what my daughter used to call) ten hundred thousand good! Rush out and get it now.

And to everyone who has my blankets -- I wish I'd gotten mine in Mexico, but alas, they came from cheap little stores in the local area.

wendy said...

Hey, I read that book - The Poisonwood Bible. Really good. I love that author. tell me when you finish the book, what you think.
Sounds like a nice day you had, and then Nachos and a video ---ahhhhh, good times.
I should be back to blogging regularily now and look forward to keeping better in touch with everyone.

PhilipH said...

Some terrific snapshots her, and it was a super day out!

I think I'd have been reading, as you were. Nice relaxed photo of you.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...