Thursday, September 3, 2009
I have a head cold -- poor little me! And I'm not feeling very creative today.
But I can always list what I'm thankful for .....
1. I'm thankful first and foremost that I am a beloved child of God.***
2. I'm thankful for my beautiful daughters. And I'm thankful that my 2 international students seem to be lovely and that they get along so well together. And I'm really thankful for that marbled "kutchen" that they made for me on Tuesday! What a nice yummy surprise!**
3. I'm thankful that my cold is only in my head and that I have my soft tissues and my trusty nasal spray handy. I'm prone to sinus infections, and for me, the cure is often worse than the disease. So Dristan is my good friend!
4. I'm thankful for a long weekend coming up, and that my 19 yr old has found accomodations in the city while she goes to college this year and that I can help her move in.
5. I'm thankful for the lovely vegetable beef soup cooking at home in the crockpot and the accompanying crusty 7-grain bread from my favorite French baker at the Farmer's Market.******
6. I'm thankful for sweatpants -- those ugly yet soft, warm & comfy pants that you can pull on when you've eaten too much or when you feel yucky and need to just hunker down under the bedcovers and watch "The Best of So You Think You Can Dance".
7. I'm thankful that, although I like to think I dress nicely, I'm not a slave to fashion; and I feel perfectly confident in coming to work today in my white cotton pants. (Yeah ..... if you want to, you can pretend that the picture on the right in the white pants is a picture of me! I want to pretend that!)
8. I'm thankful for my Epicure garlic press! I've gone through a few, and this one is just a dandy hard-working, sturdy little device that allow you to get the most from your garlic cloves and has an attachment to help clean out what's left in the holes.******
9. I'm thankful for tea in China cups and good books to read (I'm currently reading The Poisonwood Bible); and I'm thankful that the sun still shining strong and warm enough to want to sit in the back yard in the swing.
10. I'm thankful for my usually cheerful disposition and my sense of humor; and I'm ALWAYS thankful that there are so many of you bloggers out there that are the same way -- so that when I'm not feeling my usual self, you lift me up!
PS - Did you notice how many times food is mentioned in my thoughts of gratitude?