Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mahone Bay Scarecrow Festival

I spent Saturday afternoon hanging out with the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jager, Ray Charles, Tina Turner and Diana Ross. I played cards with Alice and the Queen of Hearts, had tea with the Royal Family and crazy-quilted a car! Impossible you say?
***
As I used to say in my teens -- Many things are highly improbable but not necessarily impossible! It's all one's perception!!
***
I was at the Scarecrow Festival in Mahone Bay with the international students and the host families. We had 3 hours to wander the streets of this beautiful little village and take in all the sights and sounds and tastes. Come walk with me and meet a few of the "people" that I hung out with ............



































***
On our way back to Bayview School to meet for pizza, we saw one of the prettiest maple trees. Our coordinator, Brenda, just had to take one to wear!
I think as Canadians, we're allowed to steal maple leaves from people's trees -- it's part of our constitution or something! Kind of like being allowed to pick up stray beavers or eat moose meat! Ya think??

7 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

The scarecrows are awesome!

When you go to Godiva you so have to get pumpkin truffles, creme brule chocoltes, raspberry truffles and key lime truffles!

Marie Rayner said...

Love the scarecrows Sandy! Oh, you made me very homesick seeing these sights! xxoo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Quite a display you saw there. Scarecrows are not like I remember them and very unusual. Looks like a lot of fun. Glad you had a beautiful day for it.

Wanda..... said...

Amazing scarecrows and unusual too!

Anna said...

I love this kind of events!Scarecrows are so nice!Thanks for sharing with us.:)

Entrepreneur Chick said...

I am SO coming to visit you next Fall. That was a GREAT post. A lot of talented people...

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Ya'll find the most interesting ways to enjoy your weekends.

We brought the herd of cattle in and weaned the large calfs off of them. Let me tell you, the mooing from both the mothers and their youngens are driving me madly insane.

Thanks so much for sharing the very rich and famous scarecrows. Have a good week sweetie!!!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...