Thursday, October 29, 2009

SATURDAY IN TORONTO

I'd like to introduce you to my favorite second daughter and her Amour. She's a delightful little creature with the most beautiful smile and a huge brain and enormous creativity. She's a wonderful cook and she's funny and articulate; and I'm so proud of her and the way she's grown.

***
She also has the best boyfriend in the world. I really enjoy spending time with him, especially during "Jeopardy" because it's always a challenge to see which of us will beat the other! (He has a huge brain as well!)

***
And I know they love me and were so happy I could visit.

***
Why - just look at the surprise and delight on their faces!

***

**

They've just become parents to the cutest and most mischievous little kitten..... one who will eat anything! Oat bars, green salad, noodles, potato chips -- if it's edible, Mary Louise Kinsky will eat it!



***

Saturday morning, we went shopping -- unsuccessfully for Evan's shoes but successfully for my .... whatever!! That's just what I like to buy -- whatever!! And I found some!

***

We went to a Goodwill where I found a great black sweater and a pink sheer "I Love Jesus" scarf! (Because I do -- love Him, I mean! And pink! And $2! Why, that's just further proof that Jesus loves me too!) Then I forced them to take me to Value Village where I bought a cute crystal Christmas ornament candy dish and a bunch of little items for their apartment. We had a wonderful brunch at Sunrise Grill & Crepe (they also have amazing smoothies.) Evan took the bus to his brother's house, & Amy and I bought a fabulous cake for dessert later -- and checked out another Goodwill!. Evan and his dad picked us up at home later, and we went back to his brother's house for the evening.

***
I met most of Evan's family -- brother, sister-in-law, kiddies, Mom & Dad: we ate a delicious vegetarian lasagne (made by Evan's Mom). And after a suitable amount of time passed (during which a lot of satisfied groaning & faux complaining was heard), we had our "afters" -- the Spice cake I mentioned and the very best raspberry custard pie (
imported from Sarnia Ontario!)




We spent the rest of the evening playing Cranium and drinking wine and laughing and laughing and laughing. Here's Evan with his wonderful parents.


***

It was a really fun evening!

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It does help if you like the boyfriend and get along with his family. It all sounds like a lot of fun. That little kitty has such a big name for someone so small. So cute!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

The food look marvelous and the company looks even better. Do I hear wedding bells in the near future? I'm so happy you were blessed with a good visit.

Have a terrific day. I can't wait to see your new pink scarf!!!

ami said...

Evan will not be pleased at the photo you chose. Come on, post something that shows how handsome he is!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I think you both look very handsome. But yes Ami, I will look for a better photo. The problem is that we didn't pose for "nice" photos.

Oh dear! Remind him of how handsome and smart he is and how much I love him!

Unknown said...

I thought the photos were adorable. I especially liked the one of surprise! Sounds like ya had a great time. Mutual great feelings between boyfriends and Moms is a good thing! I'd like to experience it just once. LOL

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...