Thursday, October 8, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY






1. I'm thankful for the friends that will share Thanksgiving with us this weekend; what's the use of having bounty unless you can share!




***
***




2. I'm thankful for the remote start for my car (and will be even more thankful during the months of January and February).



***



3. I'm thankful for my parents: #1 that they're still alive and relatively healthy; #2 that in spite of watching me grow and develop into a selfish, demanding, ungrateful brat, they hung around long enough to watch me grow out of that stage; and #3 that when they see history repeat itself through my own children, they don't stand back and point their finger and laugh at me!


***




4. I'm thankful for tea -- for the warmth and healing qualities of it and for the many different varieties. (And I'm thankful that regardless of what my grandpa used to tell me, hair has not grown on my chest because I drink it!)







***


5. I'm thankful to the Spanish conquistadors who first brought chocolate back to Europe; to the Van Houten family for developing a process to make chocolate into solid bars; and to the Swiss, the Belgians, the Germans and all other makers of fine, fine chocolate.






******

9 comments:

Terra said...

You are so wise to have a Thankful Thursday post. I think I will do that in future, and even mention that I got the idea from you (if I can remember, ha ha, short term memory is no longer perfect).
Your list is cute, part funny and part wise.

Suburban Princess said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!!

We are taking the little man to a cute zoo about an hour from here then for photos at the pumpkin patch...then home to prep the stuff, brussell sprouts and bake the pumpkin pie!

On Sunday we are all going to my parents (inlaws will be there too) for dinner :O)

Monday we will relax and see if we still fit into our clothes after the huge dinner lol!

Anna said...

You have a fantastic sense of humor!I liked your list. Happy Thanksgiving.Are you going to post the photos of your turkey?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY too. I see it is just 2 days away now. I'll be gone over the weekend so just thought I'd send my good wishes your way now.

Donna said...

Hilarious, Sandy!! I LOVE #3 and admit I'm a wee bit envious of #2 (after all, I do live in New England!!!)... Thanks for the chuckles tonight!... Donna

Jeanne said...

Good morning Sandy, I was reading a few of you previous posts and had several chuckles. I am also a sweets girl. I firmly believe in eating dessert first as life is uncertain. I love whoever wrote that. Salty snacks...never. I love your pickle post. I just recently was introduced to chocolate covered pickles. Yummmm. I love your thankful post and totally find that we think alike. LOL.

I am adding you to my fave list. Thanks for your visit this morning.

Hugs, Jeanne

Jeanne said...

I'm back to wish you a very happy birthday tomorrow. My birthday is the 20th. No wonder we think alike. Libra's love sweets.
Correction...
sorry for the 'you' should be 'your'. LOL. I do things like that sometimes.

Jeanne

Darla said...

Good things to be thankful for, I new chocolate would be in there!

Old Time Cindy said...

Happy Birthday and have a wonderful weekend!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...