Thursday, January 28, 2010

NEW HAIRCUT!

I took this Transformation Thursday thing to a "hoo nother level" today. I got my hair chopped!

I went darker just after my Xmas red-hair incident! You see, I usually go a little red in the winter because it brings more color to my face. But ......
  • Did you know that the more grey hair you have, the harder it is to get even coverage all over?
  • And did you know that grey hair takes the new color in a more concentrated form?
  • And did you know that it's really, really embarassing when your youngest daughter says - in front of everyone else in the entire room - "Hey Mom! Why is your hair orange at the roots?"
*
Oh dear! Ha ha ha ha!! Ahem, ahem!!

*
Out of the mouths of babes!!


*
*
So, I went darker; and it was different --- but it was okay --- I guess. (Well, better than orange at any rate!)
*
But now it's the end of January. And for weeks now, I've been feeling that I needed a change: yes, even before I changed from a somewhat normal human being into "Spot, the Wonder Mom"! My hair looked dull and lifeless (just like the commercials say); it felt old and tired.
*
Now it feels really good and really healthy!
*
And gosh golly gee! I look so darned cute!
*
*

I'm still not crazy about the dark color. So, in another week or so, I'll probably go back to being a dark blonde. Because, being a young, impressional child of the '60's, I believe what the old Clairol commercial used to say: Blondes have more fun!

*
*


And as I'm on the other side of 50 ... and heading downhill ... and as I'm lonely ... and single ... and poor ................. and melodramatic and self-indulgent ...
*

I likes me as much fun as I can (legally and morally) get!

*
Wadda ya say, Bloggies!
Life is short! Wear your Party Pants!!

18 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your new look. Good for you! I grabbed a box of my old standby (Natural Instincts 5C)the other night and went about the business of covering my grey, and the next morning as I was brushing my teeth, something caught my eye. I STILL HAD GREY HAIRS SPRINGING OUT IN ALL DIRECTIONS UP TOP!! Time to start seeing a professional...

CB said...

I really love your new haircut it looks great, really flattering. You are so pretty!
I love the color too!!

Ummmm...as I get more and more grey (ick) I am finding out all those little tidbits you posted - dang thick, wiry hair!! ha ha

Susan said...

I love it! It suits you and makes you look ready for spring! Now if I just had some party pants!!!!

lynn'sgarden said...

You look GREAT! I tried to go blond once...imagine how that looked! You have the face for a short style, too! :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A new hair style always seems to make us feel better. I do believe we need some pampering now and then. Hope your Friday is a great one!

Unknown said...

I love the haircut! Very sassy! I also like the color. I've given up on coloring mine. Too much work and too expensive to have it done. So grey I'll stay!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I love it, gorgeous one! The cut really a good look for you. Gray hair...I ain't go no stinkin' gray hair! Heeeheehe! "Only my hairdresser know for sure." I had this student in my Special Ed. class who would stand right over me and say, "Ahhhh, Mrs. Nezzy, do you have a hair appointment soon?" Yep, leave it to a kid!!!

You look m-a-r-v-e-l-o-u-s darling! Have a super fun weekend and may God bless ya'll!!!

Anita said...

Well now, as I just bought myself some party pants I've been looking for any excuse to wear them...thanks for giving me one! Your hair looks great and remind me to tell you about the time my mother tried to go blonde....not quite a pretty picture that one.

Anna said...

I've just come back from my hairdresser!!I cut my hair a little shorter and changed the color.It's very awful when the roots are white!I think you are prettier and younger now,I prefer this color than blond.Kisses.

Anna May said...

Let it go and have some grey pride, I think it will really suit you.
Anna May x (aka the only grey in the village)
ps: found you via Fran Hill and your blog's a fun read

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love your haircut!
You are so cute!
I agree with you life is short....wear the party pants.

Nikia, May and da kids said...

I like it. I like the short cute and the color. Mind you, i do still dye my hair burgundy, so I like women who have a little sass to their style.

Work it! My roots are dark pink according to my 9 year old = P

May

Its So Very Cheri said...

Change is always good.

I want to let you know that I have a BIG give-a-way starting on Sunday and it will be really fun. I am calling it SPREADING THE LOVE--cuz I love my FOLLOWERS. There are lots of gifts, from really cool vendors. Each week there will be SEVERAL winners--that is right it will be going on all month long. So you can come back each week and leave me a comment, to put your name in.

You don't have to have a blog--you can e-mail me to enter your name.

Followers get their name in once and if you have my button on your side bar your name will go in 5 more times.

If you can double check your READER to see if you are getting my posts I would really appreciate it--for some reason Google has picked on me since the start of my blog and I always end up having them not post every few weeks.

XO
Cheri

ethelmaepotter! said...

It's darling! Truly, it is! I think the darker color becomes you, and the cut is perfect for your face.
Just browsed through some of your recent posts (which I've missed; yours is one of several I'm no longer being alerted to when you post, for some reason) and I LOVE THAT NEW BAG!!!!! I had never heard of the brand, either, but it looks great, and only you could have found it for $4!

Fran Hill said...

All I can say is, I hope I look as good as that when I'm on the 'wrong side of fifty'.

wendy said...

Wear your party pants indeed. HEY I love the new hair cut and the color seems perfect. Blondes do NOT necessarily have more fun --FUN is in the DOER.

wendy said...

and A Thousand Splendid Suns -- I OWN it, I love it!!!!!!

A human kind of human said...

"Impish" springs to mind. It looks good!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...