Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Fibromyalgia

 Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailments, they have all added up to a diagnosis of fibromyalgia.

I'm in my 3rd week of a flare-up.  Besides all the symptoms shown on the photo to the right, my sleep is disrupted by pain so that after only an hour or 2 of being awake, I feel like I need a nap! It's not fun!

There's a sense of relief in that I finally know what I'm dealing with and, therefore, what I should do about it. (The fact that there is no cure and no warning of flare-ups and this is the way it will be for the rest of my life means I do whatever it takes!) I've joined some online groups and am adapting my daily routine to include more down time, more meditation & yoga, less stress and more cannabis. (That's the only medicine that works on me without the nasty side effects of the other stuff I use.)

But I think one of the things I must let go of is this blog. That's not to say I won't check in on you all. And if someday this ailment gets under control and I gain more energy, I'll check back in with you all.

Thanks for being my blogging friends. You have been and will continue to be a source of joy for me. 




4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good luck with the fibro and blessings on your journey!

bahnwärterin said...

i´m so very sorry!
fibromyalgia is so bad, especially as there is no cure in sight......
take your time and your cannabis and relaxing yoga - and if you feel it we will be happy to hear from you.
my best health wishes to you!!
xxxxx

Leanna said...

Before you shut down, give a listen. I'm not trying to sell you anything. I have Lupus/Polymyositis/Arthritis. Doctors didn't know what to call it so they lumped it all into MCTD or Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. I have had body pain, fatigue, brain fog, no appetite, and bad insomnia that went on for days. I Belong to a Lupus/MCTD online group and it seemed like endless complaining from everyone. We changed that into looking for ways that made us feel good. One of the girls came into the group in October and told everyone she was taking Magnesium Glycinate 500mg. I was a little apprehensive at first when she said she had been taking it for the past two months just to test it before telling us if it worked. Some of us decided to try it and lordy be it does work. I went into Amazon and ordered a bottle and started taking one capsule every night and I've been able to sleep, clean house, cook, go walking, the brain fog is gone. I still have some really bad days but not as bad as I used to have. Try it is all I'm saying. See if it helps. Here is the Mag on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Glycinate-Absorption-Essential-Digestive/dp/B0BKR735X8/ref=sr_1_24?crid=AS2L0SML9SW0&keywords=magnesium+glycinate&qid=1700584903&rdc=1&sprefix=magne%2Caps%2C330&sr=8-24

Kay G. said...

Hey! You do what you must do but I will miss your blog! I just read this comment above about magnesium glycinate. Oddly, enough, I just read someone else recommend it and had written it down to do more research! Along with buckwheat pillows! I'm not selling anything either, just want the best for you and wishing better health for you. x

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...