Thursday, November 14, 2019

Old Man Winter

Old man winter arrived on the west coast of Newfoundland last Friday with a messy drive home. I was quite happy to nestle inside  and simply admire how pretty it looked later that night.


Saturday morning brought a little sunshine with the snow. So, I ventured outside to visit the local 'Wonderful Fine' market. (Wonderful fine is an old timey Newfoundland saying denoting good health and spirits.) The Market only runs from August to December, so it's one of the highlights of my week. Delicious locally roasted and ground coffee; the ONLY good French macaroon around and lovely crafts and treats. 


One of the vendors, Natura Soap Company, had a 50% off special on their soap-of-the-month, and I'd pre-ordered "One of each, please!" I've enough to last me most of the year (unless one or two find their way into Xmas packages.) Occasionally buying natural products is one of the ways I pamper myself.



I spent a quiet Sunday trying (unsuccessfully) to avert a head cold. I always like to go outside for my morning coffee, no matter what the weather. I was prepared to bundle up and get some much needed fresh air and sunlight .... but when I saw the 10" of snow, I decided I'd just drink it in front of the TV. I snuggled under my fleece blankie and watched Netflix. But I did make myself a really nice dinner: Ginger Orange Glazed tofu (which was really delicious), Japanese rice (my favorite) and some sauteed peppers and mushrooms in soy. One must feed one's body well especially when sick.


November 11th brought intermittent rain and cleared some of the snow. But my head cold kept me from going uptown for the ceremonies. So, I bundled up and sat outside; I closed my eyes and spent some time in silence and gratitude for those who have served and who continue to serve in our military. 

We continue to enjoy sunshine and clearing today and tomorrow. So, with any luck, I won't have to don my snow pants this Saturday for coffee time! 

I hope your weekend is a good one.






3 comments:

Leanna said...

I love hand made products like soaps. It's such a treat. I do the same thing in the winter here in Texas. I like to stand on my kitchen porch and drink my hot coffee or tea, depending on my mood. It helps me to think about what I'm going to be doing for the day. Almost like going through my daily task keeper. Then I can go about my day without a problem. Stay warm, darlin.

Sandi said...

That so beautiful! I hope we get some snow this year.

Peter parker said...

Blockchain 2FA phone lost |Blockchain number

Are you Blockchain user and getting troubled due to Blockchain 2FA phone lost? You may call us on our Blockchain Customer Support Number regardless of time. However such kind of problems keeps taking place almost every time with its users. Our customer service team is ready to take the response in quick way to resolve the issues of their customers. Hence call us dialling our toll free number for quick response. They proffer compatible assistance and are always ready to help users at any point of time. Therefore why to hesitate in calling our customer executive number when you need it actually? Contact quickly and get rid of the problem at once.
Website: https://bit.ly/2r0xzZS

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...