Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Shrove Tuesday in My House

I've always had pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.  I have lots of great recipes.  But when I came across a recipe for cheddar pancakes from Marie , I had to try them.  

They didn't let me down.  Delicious!  Look at that cheesy goodness!  The only thing I would caution you on is perhaps increase the liquids; I added at least another 1/2 to a full cup of water ..... and I hadn't even added the bran. 


We did the "full meal deal" for tonight's supper:
Cheddar Cakes w/ Apple Syrup (& maple syrup), hash browns, baked beans, caesar salad and sausage.  

Marie also had a recipe for Rice Pudding pancakes which I'll try next month perhaps.  

What did you eat tonight?




6 comments:

Miss Dishywoo said...

What a delicious looking meal. I totally missed Shrove Tuesday-didn't even know about it until I saw it online. I intend to make those pancakes soon. Thanks for sharing.

TARYTERRE said...

Looks yummy. I had pancakes. And for dessert a pacszki.

Pamela Gordon said...

We had pancakes from scratch with maple syrup, strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream (from a can). I thought about doing the full deal too but I knew we didn't really need it all. Your supper looks really good though. Tonight it's beef stew. :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your meal looks like a feast to me. Pancakes are always a treat for me but those look absolutely wonderful!

Bonnie said...

Oh yum! Pancakes are our traditional Shrove Tuesday meal as well. Yours looks much better. Hugs, Bonnie

Kay said...

Oh yum! This looks absolutely scrumptious!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...