Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Snow Day

This is our first major snowstorm this season. And it certainly wasn't a bad one, not a lot of snow; but enough to take out power and shut things down.

This is how it looked at 6:30 am this morning. So peaceful and quiet. The tree limbs are laden with perfect, white snow.

My power came back on at 8:30 am, so the house is beginning to warm up again. (Electric heat.) I'm snuggled here at the computer with my robe and slippers; but I'm venturing downstairs soon for hot tea and buttery toast with Peach Belini jam -- a Xmas market item -- and some good, old cheddar. Yum!




My friend was right about last weekend's de-construction of the Xmas tree: I do love the "new" look.  And I now have a very clean, tidy house ... upstairs. (Can I stress upstairs? Don't look in the basement rec room!). Well, there are still these guys who visited the manger & decided to stick around.  

So today can be a relaxing snow day full of reading and lounging and perhaps some of this as well:

Homemade soup and steamed red bean buns. I always have these in my winter freezer because they're a perfect snow day food -- warm and gooey and nutritious.








Coloring! I got 2 books for Xmas. And when I went shopping, I searched everywhere for a good set of colored pencils; but they were all sold out everywhere! Then I thought "I'll have to gather together the girls' old pencils and make do". THIS is the result of gathering together! They aren't the best quality (therefore, difficult to sharpen without losing the coloring tip), but I think they'll last me for a while, huh?


I'm not sure when my man will come to shovel; this year's guy is not as reliable as the previous. But until he does, I'm happily ensconced inside with food and toys. 

Happy snow day!














2 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your snow day. It's still snowing and blowing here in NB and everything is closed. That's a great way to sort your coloured pencils!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Here the snow is cleared by me...I could only wish that someone else would do it. I'm glad your electricity came back on so you are warm and cozy. Hope you enjoyed your day off.

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...