Sunday, July 10, 2011

If the Shoe Fits .....

.

I love shoes! And boots! I have black and brown; blue and pink; green, purple, teal, beige, wine, red, gold and and even an orangy-mustard pair. But I do not have yellow! I've casually looked for a pair for about 2 years. You see, I remember a little pair of yellow pumps that I had pre-baby days in the 1980's. (And they were a size smaller! Having babies, huh!) When I wore those yellow pumps, it was like wearing sunshine on my feet! I felt better!
.
The search for the elusive yellow shoe became more intensive when I met online my blog friend ❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ at Creative Cain Cabin. This woman has the most beautiful collection of shoes and sandals. Every time she does her "What I wore" post, I fluctuate between love and envy. Oh the shoes! Why, this little shoe piggy even has TWO pairs of yellow shoes! To give her credit though, she has vowed to hunt down a pair of yellow shoes for me. What a sweetie! She is a kindred spirit and a true shoe-sister!


Meanwhile, whenever I'm in the city (with it's myriad shoe stores and malls), I'm on yellow alert! I can see yellow from 50 yards; and I hone in like a heat-seeking missle.




.
So ............ I'm in the city at Winners on June 30th doing my usual yellow shoe scan when my eyes lock on something.


  • They're on sale!

  • They fit me!

  • They're comfy!

  • They're sold!
.
.
.
.

. Okay! So, they're not yellow. But they're so darned cute;

like wearing a flower garden on your feet!
.
.
.
But just so you know ........... I'm still on yellow alert!
.

.
.
.

.





.



















11 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I believe that two of my lovelies might actually belong to you! LOL

Dawn said...

OMG, I have to have those shoes. They are to die for. I have a similar pair from Target, but those are way cuter. Wish I could track down another yellow pair and barter with them for that terrific pair. :) Happy feet indeed.

ethelmaepotter! said...

Okay, I have a confession to make...I do not like shoes. Never have. But those little floral things are DARLING! And your blue toenails look fabulous with them, even if they're not yellow!

Sweet Tea said...

There's just something about Summer that brings out the YELLOW in everyone. No yellow shoes for me, but my favorite summer purse is bright yellow. My 16 yr old daughter says it reminds her of a school bus, but I say it simply looks like sunshine...Good luck on your shoe hunt!

Val said...

cutest shoes, ever......

Shirley said...

Awe...they are like wearing a flower garden on your feet! A little red nail polish and voila! (or yellow!). Good luck on the hunt for yellow. Surely this is the season to find just that colour!

Linda said...

Good luck in your quest for yellow shoes. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is always great to meet another Canadian blogger. I've added you to my ever growing list at the Canada Blog Hop

Barb said...

Great post. I am a shoe lover too but don't think I have recently purchased any in yellow. I will have to think.....ha.

Barb :-)

wendy said...

even though I LOVE shoes....the sassier the better....but I have a hard time wearing shoes due to a bunion. (dang)
so it is very hard to find CUTE shoes that feel comfortable on me.
yellos shoes would be awesome.

alas, now that I live in the country and am no longer a working girl, I mostly wear boots, and rugged outdoor shoes.

janjan said...

Love the shoes, so pretty.
I am not a shoe person, I hate buying shoes, I hate shopping for shoes, If i find a pair thats comfy I wear them till they fall off my feet. I go bare foot wherever I can. Unfortunately cos I am now diabetic I have to wear shoes, if I could find a pretty pair like that it might make wearing them more bearable. If I find a yellow pair in my search for pretty shoes I'll let you know.

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

I have a pair of shoes - we are calling them "cinderella shoes" because we are trying to find someone who can fit in them - they are a small 7.5 - let me know if they might fit you - they are manolo blahnik - sex in the city shoes! passed along by my sil and fit no one in my house - let me know - stampernancy@hotmail.com Nancy LeB in B'water

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...