Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me

.
In between dropping babies at the airport and picking other babies up at the bus station, I did manage to get some Value Village shopping in. I had raided my coin piggy bank and came up with $78! And surprisingly, Value Village was not crowded nor was it picked over. What up wit dat?
.



  • Xmas was 50% off so these were $3 total. This cute Noah's ark is a box with the roof opening (this now houses the remote for the DVD); 2 side plates to add to my small but still-growing collection of Petal dishes (a cheaper version of Fiesta ware); and another Mr and Mrs Claus for the hallway shelf collection.
.




  • I love this Argyle print sweater ($6)


  • Both these items are brand new, tag-on. A gorgeous shawl sweater (expensive at $15) and Northern Reflections pants ($8)




  • This jacket was $10. La-la-love it!



  • The shops are full of bling and glitter clothing (usually worn by skinny, long legged women that don't really exist in real life 'cause really! Have you ever seen anyone who looks like that in your neighborhood?). Anyhow, I've had my eyes peeled for something similar for New Years (and all the other black-tie events I attend.) My peeled eyes did the trick on Sat because I found 3 pieces: on the left, a long sleeve chiffon beaded top ($8); and on the right, a shrug ($3) over a sleeveless chiffon top with built-in bling broach ($6). Now that I've got the clothing, I expect the invitations to be flooding my inbox -- at any time -- now!


After little sleep (due to a 3 AM wake up call and 2 cuties snoring/snuffling in the other bed) and this full day of successful shopping, this Mama put her feet up once she got home.




  • But what's this on my aching feet? Why it's my brand new pair of Naturalizers picked up for $13 at Value Village!



.I do believe I was in the right place at the right time!


10 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Too bad we don't have one of those places in our area you always manage to find the best buys there. Hope your Monday is a wonderful one.

TARYTERRE said...

SERIOUSLY, I want a Value Village. Those prices are so-ooo affordable. I also want your GORGEOUS coat and those Naturalizers. Beautiful pair of shoes. You don't mind if I borrow them, do you? LOL Glad Santa has been good to you. If you don't treat yourself, noone else will. Take care.

TARYTERRE said...

PS) I might add the fact that my right knee gave out the other day. So I can't walk or put weight on it... so I couldn't BORROW your shoes even if I wanted to. LOL Doc can't see me until after the holiday, so I might end up in hospital before then.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

My word, girlfriend, you did GOOD. Not good, GREAT.
Love the jacket and shoes most of all but would love any of the pieces you picked out. Except possibly the one with the bling broach because I don't have the boobs to go in that dress. You'd only see ribs....
Have a great holiday and I hope the invites pour in. AND if you are around Ohio during the season please feel free to drop by in all your bling and have a cuppa.
Blessings, Barb

Pamela Gordon said...

You are the VV Queen of shopping! Great buys. Now you're all set to dance in the new year!

DearHelenHartman said...

Comfy shoes that are cute AND cheap. All Hail the Shopping Hero! So many good buys, Merry Christmas to you indeed.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Ya kinda are charmed at bein' at the right place at the right time girl!!!

Love all your beautiful finds sweetie!

God bless and have yourself a marvelous day my friend! :o)

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

Will you put me up for the night so I can shop at Value Village? Nah, just kidding, but WOW what some deals!!! I am wanting those shoes!!! Looks like Santa has already come your way! Have a great season! Best, Vicki

Marguerite said...

Great minds think alike! We were in to Value Village on Saturday and as you say, not a soul was to be found. Ha ha you silly people crowding each other at the mall! Great finds, particularly the sparkly shoes. I've an awful soft spot for sparkles (which could be why I brought home a red velvet and sparkly new blouse)

Dawn said...

Love the shoes and all the new duds. Your gonna look hot for the rockin party!!!

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...