Saturday, January 7, 2023

Back from the Land-of-the-Dead Computer!




Hello my dear blogger friends!

It's been almost 2 years since I posted. Two years!!! My deepest apologies for leaving you high and dry with nary a word of farewell. But just after my last post in March of 2021, my home computer died. And almost immediately after that, Covid hit! 

With the tightening of my financial belt, the possibility of dying from Covid, my dad's death, 2 of my siblings fighting cancer, and what has been the unfolding, almost total breakdown of the world around us, I have muddled through these past 2 years using my phone for social media; Any remaining energy was put into  trying to maintain a positive outlook on life and finding pockets of blessed joy and serenity. I would read your posts sometimes at work, but I couldn't myself post. 

But I've recently gone through a number of very big changes. My long-awaited retirement happened in early November 2022; and while I was ready to sit back and enjoy this new-found freedom, within days, I got a call to say that a senior's cottage had become available for me in the next community. So, I had 3 weeks to pack up my life and move, for the 3rd time in 6.5 years! Xmas came, Xmas went; I finally bought myself a new laptop, and now that the dust is settling, I'm ready to begin blogging again. 

I'm in a new location, my time is (almost) my own, I have the necessary technology, and I have an excitement and zest to discover what my new life will be! I've never been retired before!

I'd love it if you would once again join me for whatever adventure and (safe) mischief I can possibly get into.

I'm back ..... and happy to be here with you.


 




5 comments:

FabricDiva54 said...

It's nice to see you back and I am glad that you are doing well! Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy every minute, you have earned them.

Marguerite said...

Hurrah, you have been missed!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Welcome back. It's so nice to see your post today. I'm hoping the worst is over now and that you can enjoy your retirement. I certainly am enjoying mine! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the coming year !

Kay G. said...

Oh, hello there! I am also welcoming you back to the blogging world! I do love your positive outlook and sharing it with us here. I have missed you! Enjoy your retirement! Love, Kay

bahnwärterin said...

welcome back in blogland!
and congrats to being retired and having a new home....
xxx

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...