Monday, November 30, 2009

XMAS CRAFTING IN LUNENBURG COUNTY

Saturday the 28th was the beginning of Christmas season here in Lunenburg County. So, we headed to Lunenburg first for their Xmas Craft show at the Curling Club. There was lots of window shopping and a few purchases, and we sampled every nibble of fruitcake, cheese, dip, chutney and peanut brittle that we could!





**
We then drove to downtown Lunenburg and visited the shops there.


**
Nadine didn't buy the moose hat!

*
The whole upstairs (roughly 500 sq ft) of this shop, Comfort and Joy, is year round Christmas! However, they still didn't have a "1st Home" Xmas ornament!



*
We ate lunch at "Sweet Indulgence" -- soup and sandwich and lovely cheesecake! *

While we were eating, the Santa Claus parade went by. It was great! Look at that huge seagull on the first float; it even danced!







*
Santa didn't look my way, so now I'm worried that I'm on the naughty list!


*
Then it was off to Mahone Bay for their Father Christmas Festival. There are lots of Father Christmas' to be found. But I'm suspicious that they were scarecrows just a couple of months ago! (Hmmm! I've always wondered what Santa did the other 364 days of the year!)



*
The Father Christmas Gourmet Market is my favorite part of the festivities. It features local and Nova Scotian foods, some of which can only be found at the various Xmas markets and fairs.

*
This is Grand Pre Winery. Lots of free samples (good thing I'm walking!!) and a couple of purchases!

*
And here's Lunenburg Winery (Blackberry and Apricot were purchased). The lady on the right makes wonderful jellies and chutneys; she's also at the Bridgewater Farmer's Market (Raspberry/Lavender jam was purchased).

*
Here's a happy shopper .......
*
And here are three more!
*
Then home for pizza, a movie and putting one's feet up!

7 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

I need to start finding all of the xmas shops! This looks like fun!

The Bridgewater market sounds familiar - I think my brother-in-law sells his eggs and veggies there (no we are nothing alike lol).

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That looks like a fun time! Beautiful pictures! I could almost smell the Christmasy smells!
Love the Father Christmases all over!

ethelmaepotter! said...

Oh, my daughter would have bought that moose hat in a heartbeat!
Have you any Hallmark stores in your area? I know they have a 1st home ornament every year, but I'm sure you couldn't get one at the bargain basement prices you normally pay!

Wanda..... said...

The Lunenburg Christmas Craft show would make anyone a happy shopper. Nice photo of You and Father Christmas Sandy!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thanks for entering my blog give away! I am tallying everyone for the draw tomorrow. Good luck!

Dimple said...

Looks like you had fun, Sandy. Hope you have much more.

CynatNovaScotia said...

Hi Sandy,

I work for Nova Scotia Tourism in social media and I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Some great pictures of the Craft show and some wonderful pictures of Father Christmas Festval in Mahone Bay. I wish I made it down, it looked like so much fun. I went down to the Farmer's market in Wolfville this past weekend. I love all the Christmas markets!

Thanks for sharing! Happy Holidays!

Cynthia

Fibromyalgia

  Sorry! I thought I could return to a normal schedule. But my sense of 'normal' has changed. After the past 5 years of various ailm...